Another savoury dish that is quick, easy, and healthy based on this recipe. I changed it according to what freshest ingredients I had on hand and to taste. It is almost like a salad best served at room temperature. You can keep the leftovers in the fridge and heat up later but I find that it was not as well-received in the family as when it was first served.
- Spaghetti squash – roasted cut side down with a bit of oil (bake at approx. 30 minutes of until done)
- bacon bits (to add some crunch and savoury taste)
- sliced olives
- tomato wedges – cherry or grape tomatoes
- grated cheese (I used French Gruyère)
- olive oil – the good kind you would use in salads
- Roast the spaghetti squash in the oven, cut side down.
- Scoop out the spaghetti squash flesh using a big spoon but keeping the long strands to resemble “spaghetti noodles”.
- Add the bacon bits, sliced black olive, fresh tomatoes and grated cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
Best served at room temperature.