Here are ways to use up over-ripe bananas:
- cut up and freeze for smoothies
- cut up into coins and dip into melted chocolate – freeze. Voila! Chocolate Banana Coins
- make Baked Banana Ricotta cups
- make traditional Banana bread
- make Banana Caramel Sauce to go with Paleo Banana Pancake or Buttermilk Pancakes or use it as ice cream topping
- bake a healthy breakfast muffin like Paleo Banana Nut Muffins
Here is my version based on the Paleo Banana Nut Muffins. There is no need for a mixer for this recipe.
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 ½ Large Bananas, Mashed
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil (liquid or semi-solid texture)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pecans halves to put on top, (or other nuts of your choice)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- On a separate bowl mash the bananas, add beaten eggs, coconut oil. Mix well so that the coconut oil clumps are smaller. Add the vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients. The batter will be more runny than a traditional muffin batter. Wait a few minutes as the coconut flour absorbs the liquids.
- Use an ice cream scooper to put in silicon muffin cups.
- Add the pecan halves on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool.
I use silicone cups for these muffins as it makes it super easy to take the muffins out.