One of the art forms I create are of silhouette art, so naturally I was compelled to create this small tribute to Steve Jobs.
Category Archives: Reflections
A dream to reality
I had a dream a long time ago. I wanted to capture the beauty of Howe Sound. I have a few photos of that wonderful scenery with the mountains, islands and sea but it was not the spectacular shot I always wanted. I even dared to entertain the thought of painting such a scenery. Of course I made the attempt long ago and I have proof to show that I was not a good painter at all! I recently came across the aforementioned photo while I was rifling through my photo collection looking for suitable pieces to include in my website. And so with that, I turned a dream into reality. I’m showing here the original watercolour painting and the digitally enhanced version.
Business not as usual
I believe that things happen for a reason. I received some unpleasant news which changes my entire schedule for the next year. I was so confident about this opportunity (a government sponsored self employment program) that I already put the schedule into my calendar! Unfortunately due to to so many applicants I have to compete with, mine was not chosen. I did not even gave myself time to get angry or sad, just want to do something, pronto! Over the next days after I really had time to think I felt in my heart what I need to do. I’m sure something will come my way which haven’t even thought about. Whatever it may be, it may really be the way where I should be.
My Top 5 for January
My Top 5 in January includes a few “firsts”.
- My daughter’s first day of preschool and the corresponding milestone she finally achieved on that same day which made me really happy! Those 3 hours while she’s in school is probably the most productive part of my day, besides doing work while she slept at night.
- The longest fog days in Vancouver lasted for more than a week! A record I’m sure!
- Finally reorganized our living room, bedroom , and storage. The additional bookshelf in the living room helps organize my daughter’s books, toys and art materials. My daughter is thrilled to have her own bed.
- Finally joined Facebook (not sure if I’ll regret this one!)
- Watched the historic Obama presidential inauguration on TV.