It’s blueberry season! No matter what time of year, this quick and easy blueberry muffins are a great snack or breakfast on-the-go alternative. You can make these blurry muffins using fresh or frozen blueberries. Super simple to make with only one bowl and a 2-cup measuring cup to use and no electric mixer required! What could be simpler?
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Mix together in one bowl all the dry ingredients
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (you can use white sugar if you don’t have any brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (prefer Himalayan pink salt for added minerals)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
Mix together in a 2-cup glass measuring cup:
- 1 egg, beaten (crack the egg into the cup and beat with a fork)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (grape seed oil)
- 1 tablespoon molasses (Tip: coat the measuring spoon with oil before measuring molasses and the molasses will easily slide off)
- Milk – pour enough milk to the 1 1/2 cup mark on the measuring cup
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until just blended (do not over mix).
- Fold in 1 1/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries.
- Use an ice cream scooper to spoon into silicon muffin cups or liners.
Yield: Approximately 16 regular size muffins
Substitutions for a healthier muffin:
- white flour = whole wheat, oat flour, flax seed
- white sugar = molasses for added nutrition, reduce sugar by 1/4 cup
- Himalayan salt = for adding more minerals
Moist muffin with plump blueberries. These muffins have a great texture with minimal mixing of the batter. It can easily be frozen after baking. It’s great with a little dab of butter while still hot or pair it with a slice of cheddar cheese for a satisfying snack.