Christmas season usually brings out the practice of traditions passed on from generation to generation. But as time passes, I think it is inevitable for these traditions to evolve into something slightly different as time goes on. This season prompted me to think through what traditions we, as a new family, will keep and what new ones need to introduce. The events this memorable December also influenced my top 7 reflecting on the weather, family, friends, and situations.
- Snow! and more snow!
- Christmas baking (hmmm! the smell of baked goods brings back fond childhood memories!)
- A less commercial gift giving ever!
- Send out e-cards in addition to mailing it.
- Creating new traditions. More time together, less buying.
- Paper Christmas tree and origami boxes
- Boxing day sales.
I challenge you to create your own version of tradition to pass on to the next generation!